Friday, October 18, 2013

App Review: AppTrailers

12/28/2015 Update: I haven't touched AppTrailers in months so I can't say how accurate this guide is anymore, but I will leave it up regardless.

If you're less of an online money maker and more interested in using apps, AppTrailers could be the thing for you. It requires little work to earn and pays out quickly in Paypal cash (with cash out starting at 500 pts = $0.50.)

AppTrailers is an app available for both iOS and Android. It pays you points for watching trailers, downloading apps and/or commenting on them. You can also upload videos from your device or link to YouTube ones to earn extra points from other users who 'like' your videos. It's very easy to use, thought after a while the points you can earn tapers off if you're not careful.


The biggest earner for this app is watching new trailers (shown in yellow) and commenting on four apps for 1000 pts. The comments can be whatever you want, so long as they are long enough to be counted by the system. I like to make snarky comments but usually people just write the same thing over and over, like 'Great app' (even when it sucks.) Please note that you cannot comment on an app until you've had it on your device / have run it, usually it only takes about ~3 minutes for it to be validated, but sometimes it takes hours.

And while commenting can earn you big points consistently, uploading videos can be extremely hit or miss. The most 'popular' videos are almost always YouTube rips, don't even try to make a 1000 pt bonus with a video of your pet, cause it won't happen. (I tried, trust me.) The most I've gotten from a single video is 10 pts.

Now, I like AppTrailers mostly because I can check it randomly when I have time, and earn maybe 50 pts from new trailers. But my biggest issue is with the account system. All your points are locked to the device that your 'account' is on -- in a sense it is a 'local' account only. Therefore, if you want to earn points on another device, you have to start from scratch.

I also cannot for the life of me figure out the referral system, so I don't even bother with it.

You can download and try AppTrailers for yourself here.

No comments:

Post a Comment